Assistant Technical Coordinator
Leading National Developer with varied portfolio
Inclusive and dynamic team culture
About Our Client
House builder focused on place-making through considered master planning and sensitive house type design. The proudly boast more awards for design and delivery than any other house builder and are in fact themselves the competition. They have a newly established office in the West Midlands and are looking for passionate employees to join their team in making this region a success.
As Technical Coordinator you will be the primary point of contact for all planning matters in the new region. You will work closely with the Land, Technical and Design departments and to advise on site viability, with a view to maximise profits and ensure all legislation, regulations and various Section obligations are met. Tasks will include:
- Provide technical advice on demolition, drainage, services, highways and foundations.
- Inspect and appraise land opportunities in conjunction with Land team and provide initial feasibility appraisals to enable a decision to be made whether to proceed with an offer
- Liaise with architect to ensure comments on drawings are communicated and monitor progress of drawings.
- Liaise with Local Authorities and provide information to architect and Development team to enable the design solution to be advanced
- Liaise with external Planning Consultants and architects to ensure that programme for planning applications (often set out within options) are complied with
- Check Section 106 agreements and other planning agreements.
- Oversee the checking and completion of Section 38, Section 278 and Section 104 agreements and the management of Bond and Supervision fees by the Managing Engineer
- Oversee the checking and approval of wayleave and services agreements.
- Register properties with NHBC / Building Control
- Full job description will be provided upon request.
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally you will have experience within volume residential development. You will have either an Architectural, Civil Engineering or Planning background and ideally with an understanding across all three aspects.
- Organisation and communication is key in this role and you will be strong in both areas. You enjoy working with people to deliver the best solution whether that be by applying existing knowledge or thinking creatively to develop bespoke solutions; you take pride in what you do and are open to new ideas in order to fully explore and correctly implement them.
What's on Offer
- Competitive starting salary working within a busy regional office of a national developer who are serious about creating place.
- On top of salary you will receive multiple benefits including car/car allowance, 15%> annual bonus, private healthcare and generous pension contributions.
- You will receive continuous support in developing your knowledge in the areas you aren't as confident in in order for you to carry out your role to the best of your abilities.