Assistant Transport Manager
Assistant Transport Manager - A great step up in your career
Support and develop both operations and planning
About Our Client
My client is is an in house Warehouse & Distribution business who has experienced significant growth within the last few years. This role is to be based in Tewkesbury and within the Logistics distribution and supply chain sector.
The Key Responsibilities for the Assistant Transport Manager will be;
Managing the drivers day to day and keeping an eye on drivers on their routes. Keeping in communication with the customer and drivers with delays, breakdowns, tacho hours and any issues.
- Allocating jobs to drivers.
- Management of all driver and HR requirements including, RTW, Sickness & Holidays
- Updating spreadsheets and communicating with management on performance
- Liaising and understands infringements and can deal with effectively
- Understanding driver's hours and legal driving time, working time and breaks.
- Informing drivers of vehicle allocations and any changes in their job allocation or route.
- Ensure customer commitments are met, working with internal teams, and executing operational tasks as needed.
- Manage customer expectations and provide an excellent customer service experience.
- Liaise with Agency for resource
- Cover for Transport Manager whilst they are on leave
The Successful Applicant
The Assistant Transport Manager will have had exposure to the following;
- Logistics/Transport degree desirable (not essential)
- Logistics experience ideally with a CPC
- You must be self-motivated and have the ability to hit and exceed targets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must also have good customer services skills to deal day-to-day with all enquiries and cultivate relationships with customer and drivers align with Operations team.
- You must be able to work under pressure and efficiently within time constraints.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Transport experience (essential)
- Commutable to Tewkesbury
- Able to be flexible with Shifts including the odd weekend for holiday cover.
- Able to work Monday to Friday 04:00am - 13:00pm
Previous Role could include; De-breif clerk, Transport Administrator, Transport Planner, Transport Supervisor or Shift Manager, Transport Manager, Assistance Transport Manager
What's on Offer
The successful Assistant Transport Manager will receive;
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 with rise to £35,000 after a successful probation period.
33 Days Holiday