Forward thinking Architectural Studio.
Emphasis on social, environmental and economic benefits of an Architecture.
About Our Client
Progressive AJ120 Architectural studio with multiple locations throughout the UK. They believe Architecture has a higher purpose and as such, have a strong emphasis on ensuring projects add value across a myriad of social and environmental aspects, embracing new technologies and MMC throughout to support. Projects feature broadly across a range of sectors, with notable projects in Residential, Industrial, Leisure and Retail.
An opportunity has arisen in the Birmingham Studio for an Associate Director to join the Studio. It is a multi-faceted opportunity that will present you with a solid platform from which to accelerate your career into strategic management, steering the direction of the practice as well as access to working on some fantastic projects.
Day-to day activities include:
- Running/working on one or more projects within the studio, either independently or leading a team dependent on the project.
- Support the Directors and other Associate Directors within the studio to continue to grow the business.
- Participate in project reviews and interviews when requested.
- Assist Directors when required, on bids and events etc.
- Be an active participant in developing more junior members of the studio.
- Report progress against agreed aims and objectives for the studio.
- Update on WIP.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in joining them as Associate Director, you will have:
- enjoyed a successful Architectural career to date and be either RIBA/ARB qualified (or both!).
- a passion and curiosity to fully explore briefs independently and within teams.
- particular enjoyment in creating new solutions for bespoke projects that really enhance the requirements of the Architecture across functional, social, environmental aspects.
- had some prior experience in winning new business, and have good experience working within various different procurement routes.
- strong communication skills to effectively manage a team, support colleagues and liaise with clients and various consultants/contractors to succinctly move projects forward.
- some exposure to the day-to-day running of an Architectural Studio, from resourcing projects, recruitment, competition and bids etc.
What's on Offer
It is an exciting time to join the practice, in particular the Birmingham Studio as a series of high profile clients have expressed their interest in partnering specifically with them on a number of high-profile projects. You will be rewarded handsomely with a competitive starting salary and benefits, with continued progression plans to ensure you're career potential is fulfilled, whilst still being hands on at what you do best - the Architecture itself!