- Opportunity to work for a high growth technology business
- Chance to manage and grow an expanding EMEA legal function
About Our Client
My client is a global technology business that focuses on data driven, cloud based machine learning services and AI.
Reporting into the VP of EMEA a summary of your key responsibilities are:
- Establish yourself as leader of the EMEA legal team.
- Develop the EMEA legal team through hiring and support to deliver high quality legal services.
- Negotiate major, complex, non-standard agreements.
- Provide general legal support with respect to all areas of the EMEA business.
- Guide and advise the Sales leadership on forecasting, deal process, and contract management
- Understand product, data security, and privacy process issues to be able to direct the Sales leadership during negotiations, and in many other contexts.
- Assist with standardisation of documentation across multiple jurisdictions.
- Quickly assimilate the businesses internal structures, product offerings, technology, security/data protection systems, policies, and standard commercial contracts to enable your effective support across all lines of business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will need to be a UK qualified lawyer with demonstrable experience of managing a team.
You will need to understand the technology / SaaS industries including; cloud technology, complex enterprise customers and privacy. You will be the main point of escalation for the business during negotiations so being able to assimilate information quickly is vital.
On top of this it is important that you can distinguish between critical and acceptable legal matters - in other words you will need to be an "intelligent risk taker" as well as horizon scanning to stay ahead of future legal matters.
What's on Offer
On offer is an excellent basic salary between £130,000 - £180,000 (depending on experience) + bonus + LTIP's + benefits.
As well as this is the chance to manage and growth the existing EMEA legal team of 7.
Flexible working arrangements are offered as standard.