- Brand new team with exciting growth plans
- Opportunity to develop skills in an Assurance team
About Our Client
Midlands based organisation with ambitious growth plans.
As an Assurance Manager you will lead effective compliance programs to help the business manage key risks associated with legal and regulatory obligations. Be a trusted commercial partner and ambassador for doing the right thing. Manage the group's risk management, insurance, and internal control activities, collaborating with colleagues at all levels.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve an effective assurance framework to manage key legal and regulatory risks, including Data Protection, Competition Law, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Modern Slavery and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Establish, own and embed company wide policies, procedures and awareness raising programs.
- Act as a key point of contact for the business to provide guidance and support on legal and regulatory risks.
- Monitor changes to legal and regulatory requirements and other external governance standards to ensure the Group is prepared for change.
- Develop, enhance and embed the risk management framework, to anticipate key risks relating to the Group's strategy and objectives.
- Support risk owners across the business units and functions to actively identify, assess and capture key risks and risk management activities within the risk register, reflecting changes resulting from business initiatives and the external environment.
- Manage the annual internal controls testing and reporting, including a review of key controls with senior control owners across the business.
- Manage the Group's insurance programme.
- Assess the current status of business continuity planning and develop a framework to be used across all sites.
- Support / lead the response to legal and regulatory issues and whistleblowing investigations, with the ability to gather, analyse, and evaluate facts and prepare and present concise reports.
- Establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience in an internal audit, risk management or compliance role.
- Educated to degree level, with a professional qualification in accountancy, internal audit, or risk management, (e.g. ACA/ACCA/IIA/IRM).
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory risks and compliance requirements, (e.g. Data Protection, Competition Law, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Modern Slavery and Anti-Money Laundering).
- Knowledge of risk assessment methodology, tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of internal control frameworks (e.g. COSO).
- Strong analytical skills, able to quickly identify and present key issues concisely.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of developing good working relationships.
- Strong influencer, who is able to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Experience of working across a large, complex organisation - interacting with all functional areas.
- Committed to developing and embedding best practice, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Able to deliver at pace, alone and as part of a team.
What's on Offer
Up to £60,000 plus benefits and hybrid working.