- Audio Visual Technician
- 12 Month FTC
About Our Client
A leading international Law firm
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. This role will be on a shift pattern of 07.30-18.00 and require some working outside the normal working hours when the firm requires.
- Install specified Audio/Visual equipment into rooms (such as projectors, screens, televisions, video players, DVD players, plasma screens, flip charts, whiteboards, video cameras, portable video conference systems, audio conference phones, lecterns etc.).
- Install specified IT equipment into rooms (desktop PCs, laptops, printers, monitors, keyboards, mice etc.).
- Report faults to Audio Visual Manager and where necessary arrange with the service/maintenance provider to attend site to rectify.
- Provide technical support and advice for room users requiring network, broadband, Wi-Fi using the plug and play ports.
- Set up video conference calls, acting as liaison with external companies and maintaining records of these calls.
- Load up of presentations/documents onto laptops.
- Remove all equipment from rooms after end of session.
- Provide room user support for the AV systems in the rooms and throughout the building.
- Provide technical support for MediaStar TV distribution system and change channels as requested.
- Provide support and where required training on the Audio/Visual equipment to internal or external users.
- 1st line maintenance of Audio/Visual equipment
- Maintain store of Audio/ Visual equipment and regularly test that it is operational.
- Deal with equipment requests and make/edit/amend bookings for equipment on Manhattan space scheduling.
- 1st line maintenance of Audio/ Visual equipment e.g. changing projector lamps, cleaning air filters.
- Provide support for Partner's meetings, internal and external events on site when Audio/Visual equipment has been set up.
- Actively liaise with all Client Facilities departments, learning and development, premises and technology to resolve issues relating to the rooms (e.g. facility faults, booking queries).
- Check that all areas are clean, tidy and liaise with relevant persons to ensure standards are maintained.
- Set up and support Video and Audio recording of sessions when requested and provide copies of this in required format.
- Set up and support Video and Audio recording sessions for editing and production purposes.
- Create on line training sessions using Qumu combining Video and Audio footage with PowerPoint.
- Undertake video editing of captured footage of recorded sessions using Adobe Premiere Pro where required, to provide a seamless, professionally produced edit to be used with Qumu for viewing on Intranet or other media format.
The Successful Applicant
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Audio/Visual and video conference equipment.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- AVIXA (InfoComm) CTS certification or willingness to attain it.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, spoken and presentational), working well within a team.
- Strong focus on adding value to the firm, remaining solution focused when dealing with challenges.
- Ability to deal with multiple demands, including prioritising conflicting demands whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively within the team, the wider department and stakeholders as well as independently.
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics and self-awareness.
- A willingness to provide feedback, share information and contribute ideas and suggestions as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and spoken including good use of grammar.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external clients and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals.
- A confident, proactive individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative.
- Flexibility with hours is necessary when the work of the firm requires it.
- Comfortable accepting instructions and guidance from different angles.
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture.
- Well presented, requirement to wear uniform in line with the firms grooming guidelines.
What's on Offer
£34-38k 12 MTH FTC