Audit & Accounts Manager
Well established North London practice (top 100)
The work will be split approximately 30% Audit and 70% Accounts production
About Our Client
Well established North London practice (top 100) requires an Audit & Accounts Manager for their growing practice. The work will be split approximately 30% Audit and 70% Accounts production. A willingness to produce as well as manage is a must.
- To manage a portfolio of clients developing a good relationship with them, understanding their requirements, monitoring work-in progress against internal budgets and agreed fees, billing and keeping the client partner aware of status and issues.
- To assist partners and staff in quoting for new work, including identifying specification and time costs involved.
- Develop new systems and processes to ensure the throughput of work is done expeditiously.
- To liaise with the clients on all aspects of audit/accounts/tax and to be the main point of contact for any other ad hoc queries.
- Job planning, supervision and finalisation.
- To plan work and implement that plan, identifying key issues.
- To plan staffing requirements.
- To prepare and finalise statutory accounts.
- To act as an ambassador for the firm, to build up contacts and develop new business opportunities.
- Attend external and internal meetings.
- Work as a team with other managers.
- To coach and develop junior team members and provide constructive feedback.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates must be extremely articulate, proactive and presentable. We seek a quick learner who is able to communicate well with clients and staff of all levels.
- Current knowledge of International Auditing Standards & FRS 102
- Business plans/forecasts on Excel
- IRIS or similar software, CaseWare, some Xero, Sage
- Commerciality, including good organisational capabilities
- Dynamic, good communicator, proactive and presentable.
What's on Offer
- Paid staff volunteering day each year
- Flexible working
- 23 days holiday increasing to 25 on 5th year of service
- Quarterly social events
- Income protection
- Private medical cover
- Staff brainstorming and team building days
- Staff rewards/bonus scheme
- Commission paid for referred clients
- Team lunches/dinners
- Fresh fruit for staff
- Beer/Wine Fridge
- Massive opportunities for progression to those who deliver