- Full study support provided
- Opportunity to gain experience working in one of Sussex's leading Practices
About Our Client
My client operates from a fantastic office near Crawley. Their clients are predominantly UK based but they operate in a global market place and are able to draw on the expertise and local knowledge of their experienced team members.
They are one of the largest Firms of Chartered Accountants in the local area who boast an enviable working culture and client base.
- Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given.
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients books and records.
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions.
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Executive or Manager.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Executive or Manager.
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group.
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group.
- Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office.
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have /be:
- At least 2+ years practice experience dealing with accounts preparation and assisting with audits, particularly with fieldwork.
- AAT qualified/ ACCA/ ACA part qualified.
- Well organised and able to work autonomously.
- Experience of dealing with clients face to face.
- A team player and happy to offer help to others.
What's on Offer
Salary circa £23,000 - £30,000 depending on experience and qualification status.
Full study support.
Competitive benefits package.