Audit and Accounts Semi Senior - Excellent firm of Accountants
Fantastic modern accountancy practice
Excellent training and client exposure on offer!
About Our Client
Our client operates from a fantastic office near Tunbridge Wells. Their clients are predominantly UK based but they operates in a global market place and are able to draw on the expertise and local knowledge of their experienced team members.
- Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given..
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients books and records.
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions.
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Executive or Manager.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Executive or Manager.
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group.
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group.
- Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office.
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have /be:
At least 2+ years practice experience dealing with accounts preparation and assisting with audits, particularly with fieldwork.
AAT/ ACA part qualified
Well organised and able to work autonomously
Experience of dealing with clients face to face
A team player and happy to offer help to others
What's on Offer
Excellent career progression, competitive salary (£20-£30k) and full study support