Audit and Accounts Semi Senior
Opporutnity for an Audit and Accounts Semi Senior to join a dynamic team.
Progress, develop, and grow at a Top 15 firm.
About Our Client
This business and professional services firm of accountants is a Top 15 firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. They support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives their clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge. The firm's fresh thinking and practical business approach underpin their values. The firm offers a very supportive and team focused environment, reflected by a low staff turnover and long serving staff. A paperless, digitally-transformed firm who strongly believe in using technology to help their clients stay on top of their books and accounts.
The key responsibilities for this Audit and Accounts Semi Senior position at a leading Accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Work as part of a team, portraying a professional image at all times.
- Assists with ad-hoc work in the office as requested.
- Understands the objectives of the technical process, completes processes as designed, demonstrates competent use of relevant systems, succinctly summarises results and draws appropriate conclusions.
- Gains a good understanding of each client worked on.
- Agrees assignment objectives and roles with line manager (or the person responsible for the job) before starting every job, is proactive in obtaining feedback, both verbal and written, takes on board constructive comments and acts upon them, demonstrates resilience and enthusiasm to learn.
- Achieves good passes with all professional and advanced examinations.
- Attends internal and external training courses as required, being participative and professional throughout, takes away and implements new knowledge.
- Reviews workload going forward, takes ownership of own work, makes arrangements ahead of time, identifying periods of quiet time and highlights to line manager
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Audit and Accounts Semi Senior role at a leading Accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- Is proactive and energetic in every task undertaken.
- Must have at least 2-3 years Audit experience.
- Seeks direction from others when appropriate, achieves objectives, copes well with pressure and shows genuine interest.
- Exceeds expectations and drives own career.
- Remains confident when dealing with negative situations and difficult conversations.
- Is self-aware of development areas.
- Adopts calm and assured approach, makes time for people, shares knowledge.
- Ability to make the right decision quickly, displaying confidence in their decisions with accurate/correct justification.
- Being able to juggle a number of jobs, whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently.
- Shares knowledge, shares praise and gives others credit, always remains positive regardless of set-backs, approaches every task with the same level of enthusiasm and care.
- Retains a professional manner, reflects on difficult situations and stands back from people and remains unemotional in order to resolve problems.
- Adopts a calm approach and makes time for people.
- Takes ownership for managing own development, seeks extra responsibility, striving to always go the extra mile, preparing well ahead of appraisal meetings.
- Completes work in a timely and thorough manner.
- Has an eye for detail, being consistent in approach, incorporating checks to ensure accuracy, standing back from the detail ensures all tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Prepared for meetings, communicates with manager regularly, listens and takes on board views of others, is proactive, ensures that tasks are followed through, loose ends are tied up and the job is completed.
What's on Offer
Very competitive base salary
Full Study Support