- £competitive package with company car allowance and limited travel
- Stepping stone move into Industry
About Our Client
Large PLC in the East Midlands.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a first move from External Audit, or the next career step within an Internal Audit function.
Internal Audit within this business is an independent and objective assurance and consulting activity, guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of the business. They assist the Group in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organisation's risk management, control and governance processes. They are a progressive team who are passionate about the value Internal Audit can add to an organisation.
You'll report into the Internal Audit Manager and your main purpose will be to deliver a value-added assurance service to the business which ensures that policies, process and systems are operating efficiently and effectively, supporting a strong and robust control environment and mitigating the overall risk profile.
Retail industry experience and/or exposure to internal audit and risk management practices within the PLC environment is desirable. You may already possess significant Internal Audit skills, as you will be contributing to the development of assurance maps, audit approaches and technology-based assurance solutions, whilst at the same time coaching and developing skills within the wider team. You will need to possess excellent relationship building skills to be effective within this role, and your ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels is critical.
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Executing an agreed number of risk-based assignments from the audit plan, spanning central functions and end to end processes, focusing on the areas of highest risk to the business.
- Contributing to the development of technology-based assurance solutions, including Key Risk Indicators, Data Mining solutions and continuous auditing
- Providing coaching and feedback to the wider Internal Audit team
- Supporting the ongoing development of risk management procedures across the Group
- Supporting whistle blowing and fraud investigations and the management of associated management information
The Successful Applicant
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a first move from External Audit from practice, or the next career step within an Internal Audit function. IIA/ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualfiied.
To be successful in this role you'll need to possess the following skills and attributes;
- The ability to coach and develop others
- The ability to communicate and influence at all levels both verbally and written as you will be expected to write high quality reports
- A robust personality with the ability to present clearly and have your own views and judgments
- Have an internal drive to succeed, you will need to be able to work well under pressure as you will have various projects on the go whilst being able to lead effectively
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and car allowance on offer.