- Excellent opportunity in a Top 5 firm
- Join a vibrant and innovative team
About Our Client
Friendly, ambitious and diverse, they service clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of audit and tax, they collaborate across the firm to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients' evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in this driven environment.
As an Assistant Manager you will be expected to guide and supervise less experienced colleagues and to support, train, mentor and advise others within audit. Also to challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change. Finally, to take personal responsibility for your own decisions and actions and those of others.
These are the other key responsibilities:
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Identify and understand needs of the Audited Entity, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree the needs and potential solutions with Managers or Partner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established Audited Entities, identifying opportunities and be a point of contact for clients throughout the year.
- Conduct rigorous project and financial management on all projects, completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues in a timely manner.
- Supervise, coach, develop and appraise trainees and executives within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Take a leading and active role in group, stream and firm wide activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/ICAS or overseas equivalent.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members on client premises and in the office.
- Experience managing projects.
What's on Offer
- Very competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.