Audit Manager, Asset Management sector
Large, growing accountancy firm.
Constantly winning new work.
About Our Client
This large practice's specialist Wealth and Asset Management team provides the full range of audit and assurance services, as well as expert advice on a range of complex issues. Areas of expertise include:
- Asset management
- Wealth Management
- Listed Funds & VCTs
- Private Equity houses
- Pensions Advisory
- Traditional and alternative funds managers
- Listed investment companies
- Hedge funds
- Open ended investment companies (OEIC)
This financial services audit team provides quality assurance to clients across the financial services industry, helping to ensure the continuing stability and authenticity of the financial markets.
Primarily, you will be responsible for dealing with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and, on occasions, the wider firm.
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Partner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year. Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients businesses.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner as appropriate.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees, which includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees.
- Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA, ICAS, or ACCA qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Experience of auditing within the financial services sector with experience of clients within one or more of the asset management, capital markets, banking and retail finance and insurance sectors.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary up to £65,000, plus cash allowance.