- Big 4 Accountancy Firm
- Become an audit specialist
About Our Client
Our client, a leading Big 4 firm, has offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen and provides auditing, accountancy and consulting services to their clients.
A career in our client's Audit Centre of Excellence practice will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for developing functions within the business that support audit engagement teams and audit quality efforts. You'll focus on enhancing services related to data auditing, business analytics, visualisation and leveraging of analytic technologies to evaluate complex Enterprise Systems for audit and non audit services.
As part of our client's team, you'll work with a broad and diverse range of clients, exposuring you to businesses of varying sizes, industries and complexities. You'll use cutting edge technology working virtually on various audit engagements. You'll develop specialist audit knowledge and play a key role in improving the quality and efficiency of our audits. You'll also lead innovation in a range of areas, including pensions assets and liabilities, share based payments, and the audit of Tax.
Our client looks for purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level and have a global leadership development framework to support this, giving them a single set of expectations across lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills you need to be successful and progress in your career, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Successful Applicant
- Be a Chartered Accountant / ACA/ ACCA/ ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
Or equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- A drive and aptitude to build deep accounting and auditing specialisms in more complex areas.
- A willingness to drive change by: helping further define the CoE model, embracing virtual working and other technology and defining and leveraging our virtual working practices of the future
- An ability to work under own initiative, and under pressure.
- A willingness to build relationships with other specialists to better provide a high quality, efficient and robust service
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple engagements
- Demonstrable experience of coaching junior members of teams to develop both technical and professional skills
- Experience in applying professional skills in the audit of pension balances or share based payments is highly desirable, but a demonstrable experience of learning new and complex technical areas is more important
What's on Offer
Excellent salary + benefits + career progression