Audit Manager & Lead Auditor
Join a Restructured Internal Audit Function
Exposure to Exciting Clients and To Further Your Career
About Our Client
My client has restructured their Internal Audit Team for maximum efficiency and are now looking at bringing in 3 new candidates to help strengthen their already fantastic Internal Audit service.
Audit Manager's Main Duties:
- To have line management responsibilities for staff within Internal Audit and ensure that work is completed to the relevant professional standards and help in staff development.
- To assist in the provision of the Audit Service to nominated Service Areas of the Council. This will include the development of risk based internal audit plans and then delivery of the plan to appropriate professional standards to time and budget (i.e. number of audit days for each assignment).
- To develop expertise and become the focal point for contact in nominated areas, providing direction, advice, support and guidance to auditors working in these areas to enable them to achieve maximum potential contribution.
- Provision of advice / guidance to staff working in Service Areas on control / other issues as required.
- To keep up to date with developments in the provision of the Internal Audit Service.
Lead Auditors Main Duties:
- To contribute towards the achievement of Internal Audit's Service Plan by adding value to Wakefield Council, by providing independent and objective assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of the Council's governance, risk management and control arrangements.
- To develop plans, assurance maps and enhance relationships within an assigned individual directorate. This will include the provision of quarterly updates to that directorate.
- Undertaking complex individual audit tasks under the overall direction of the Service Manager for Internal Audit and Risk, Principal Audit Manager and Audit Manager.
- To assist in the performance management and further development of the Internal Audit function as required by the Audit Management Team and commensurate with the post / grade.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Applicant should have;
- Knowledge of Local Government Legislative, Corporate Governance and Performance Management frameworks and requirements.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards (i.e. Public Sector Internal Audit Standards) that govern Internal Audit work
- Detailed knowledge of internal control and risk management principles and practises and associated frameworks.
- Demonstrate a specialism/extensive knowledge and understanding in a specified field of audit activity, for e.g. IT audit, Procurement, and lead on that area of audit activity within the Audit Plan.
- To be a full and active qualified member of a CCAB Body (preferably the CIPFA) or certified level of the IIA (Institute of Internal auditors) and an active member.
What's on Offer
What's on Offer;
- Salary of £35,475 to £42,821 depending on the role applied for,
- 30 days holiday (further 3 days after 10 years' service),
- 17.5% pension contribution,
- Many more benefits to be discussed