Be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients
Get involved in pitching, networking and helping to grow the business
About Our Client
Our client is a top 100 accountancy firm with a reputation for their technical knowledge and capability. They are fully rounded business advisers assisting their clients with the long term planning of their business.
- Planning jobs and contact clients to remind them when preparation work is due.
- Liaising/meeting with the client to consider both their needs and the key areas relating to the audit or other assignment.
- Liaising with the appropriate Tax Manager before the assignment commences to ensure that any tax related matters affecting the audit are known and advising him/her when the assignment will be ready for a tax review.
- Arranging for the appropriate staff to be available.
- Preparing the budget and agreeing it with the client
- Ensuring that recovery rates and budgets for jobs are adhered to by self and the team
- Arranging with the client the timing of the assignments and attendance at stock-takes.
- Managing the assignment as it proceeds, delegating and reviewing work of staff to ensure that standards are met.
- Providing timely feedback to partners on issues identified with clients
- Presenting to the Partner a complete audit assignment file
- Put through final adjustments to the accounts where a more junior member of staff is not available and prepare final accounts to send to clients
- Carry out other tasks for clients, such as special assignments, e.g. projections, incorporations, book keeping and management accounts etc.
- Liaising with Tax Managers with respect to the tax computations, planning, reconstructions etc.
- Identifying and follow up of possible opportunities for incremental fees across the business - both with existing clients and new clients
- Keep time sheets up to date.
- Keep themselves technically up to date and ensure Institute CPD requirements are met
- To research detailed technical matters and report thereon
- Liaise with Partners fellow senior managers/managers to discuss and agree resources for job assignments
- Managing the team from Audit Seniors to Trainees
- Ensure pre-assignment briefing sessions held with team members
- Carry out on site reviews with subordinates during assignments and ongoing communication with team whilst out on site
- Manage team to ensure high quality work submitted at all times and ensure timely feedback given to team members
- Communicate with Partners and take necessary action if team members not performing to a consistently high level in line with their training and experience
- Ensure end of job assignments, probationary reviews and annual appraisals carried out on time
- Sign off daily timesheets for team members
- Assist with recruitment of new team members, including graduate recruitment where required
- Attend networking events and identify opportunities for business growth
- Carry out pitches to potential clients and follow up
- Assist in the running of the BSG team.
The Successful Applicant
The Audit Manager will be a qualified ACA/ACCA with good technical competence. The job holder must have proven experience of managing a client portfolio and strong people management skills.
Specific: Experience in the Education and Charity Section a must as is the experience of corporate audits.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits
Prospects for promotion to Partnership are available for outstanding candidates