Exceptional opportunity to work in one of the Big 4
The candidate will be qualified, ideally from a practice background.
About Our Client
Well known global Big 4 practise firm.
You'll have the opportunity to work across our large and exciting client base, which includes large multinational listed and internationally-headquartered businesses; entrepreneurial and family-owned firms; early-stage and fast-growth entities; companies operating in life sciences and cleantech and world-leading public, educational and not for profit organisations.
- As an Audit Manager you'll play a vital role in the delivery of high-quality audits to our clients. Your role will include:
- Overseeing a portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day-to-day management, client liaison and technical issues management
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients and understanding opportunities to assist with their issues
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner and Director and having a number of direct team members report to you
- Responsibility for the coaching and career development of the team members reporting directly to you
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations
- Being a key contact throughout the year for our clients, who range from FTSE-listed businesses through to owner-managed businesses in the infancy of their life cycle
- Build strong relationships with other specialist teams to ensure that a full service offering can be provided to our clients
- Actively taking part in office-wide initiatives and teams, contributing to a strong overall team morale
The Successful Applicant
As a Manager you'll be required to demonstrate:
- A suitable qualification (e.g ACA, ACCA, or ICEAW equivalent )
- Experience in auditing large organisations
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing
- Team-working skills
- A proven track record of establishing client relationships
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- A desire for continuous improvement
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques
- An ability to work to tight timelines and manage well under pressure
- Experience of coaching, supervising and managing staff members
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary and package.