Opportunity to become an Audit RI and Audit Partner.
Growth, progression, and development on offer in a thriving Audit team.
About Our Client
A leading accountancy practice based in Cardiff undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and Audit Manager role provide genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Audit Manager position at an accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Maintain and develop technical ability by attending webinars, keeping abreast of technical development and being able to present your own research on technically challenging aspects;
- Being the point of reference for the audit team in terms of technical queries;
- Tailoring the audit approach based on the risk assessment of the clients;
- Guiding the audit team to perform work which will address these risks and support the RI in coming to an audit opinion;
- Work closely with the Partner in the planning and conduct of audit assignments discussing findings;
- Ensure that files presented for partner review address the risks identified at planning and any emerging risks encountered during the fieldwork;
- Lead, manage, develop and coach an effective audit team;
- Act as a counselling manager to some members of the group and help them to achieve personal and professional development;
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on jobs performed;
- Manage client relationships and be an ambassador for the firm;
- Keep the partner or senior manager informed of any issues that arise with the client;
- Identify opportunities; think strategically by understanding the client's needs, their business and key risks;
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion;
- Review and assess WIP regularly and address overruns as they occur; and
- Raise bills regularly and prompt the partner for interim billing when appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Audit Manager role at an accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- Be approachable to members of the audit team;
- Clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team;
- Lead by example and instil a sense of professionalism in the audit team;
- Manage the fieldwork team, allocating the appropriate level of work to more junior members of staff;
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to the audit fieldwork team;
- Maintain objectivity, professionalism and independence in client relationship;
- Discuss difficult/contentious matters with the client directly on-site;
- Be an integral member of the audit group by participating in group activities;
- Support less experienced members of the team as required;
- Participate, as a minimum, in internally held Business Development events; and
- Desire to progress and become an Audit RI.
What's on Offer
Progression - chance to become an Associate in 12-18 months time;
Death in Service 4 x salary;