Audit Quality - Insurance Specialist
Influence the major audit firms to enhance quality.
Strong work/life balance ethos.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading international audit regulator, playing a significant role internationally in the promotion and development of audit regulation.
Successful candidates will be given responsibility for significant elements of projects relevant to the regulation of auditors with a focus on insurance audits, including:
- Leading/ participating in regular meetings and ongoing discussions with audit team members including senior partners for major audits and other projects.
- Making an assessment of the work carried out on major audits with a focus on insurance audits.
- Communicating findings on the individual audits reviewed to the relevant audit firms and the Audit Committee Chair.
- Undertaking firm-wide procedures and thematic inspections. These are wide-ranging in nature and include an assessment of the firms' processes and audit methodologies and the impact these have on audit quality.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recent and significant experience of auditing the various types of UK insurance entities
- Strong technical auditing and accounting skills (including a good knowledge of IFRS)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence and the ability to engage with and, where appropriate, challenge the judgements made by senior partners and engagement teams.
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Generous employer pension contribution.
- A strong work/life balance ethos.