Audit Quality Team Inspector - Insurance Specialist
Assess the work carried out on major audits with a focus on insurance.
London based. Good work life balance.
About Our Client
Independent regulator responsible for promoting audit quality. London based. Good work life balance.
Successful candidates will participate in reviews of the Big 4 and other large audit firms dealing with senior partners and staff at those firms.
- Visiting audit firms and reviewing their processes and audit methodologies
- Making an assessment of the work carried out on major audits with a focus on insurance audits
- including the judgements made by audit partners on key audit and accounting issues
- Interviews/ meetings with the senior audit partners and other team members on the relevant
- audits and meeting with senior partners and staff
- Reporting of findings to the firms
The Successful Applicant
An accounting qualification coupled with membership of ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or ICAI (or equivalent) are required. Experience at Audit Senior Manager or above in public practice is also essential with experience working in a major UK audit firm preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience in auditing the various types of UK insurance entity
- A good knowledge of IFRS and recent experience of auditing of UK listed companies/ other
- major entities
What's on Offer
Salary up to £85,000 with generous benefits, discretionary annual bonus and 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
A very good work/ life balance ethos
Part time or flexible working would be considered