Audit Semi Senior / Senior - Excellent Responsibility
Exclusive to Michael Page- fantastic audit opportunity!!
Excellent remuneration and progression prospects!
About Our Client
My client is a medium sized, multi-sited and friendly chartered accountancy practice who require an Audit Semi Senior or Senior to join their successful and growing team.
Their business not only provides a wide range of compliance services, including accounts, tax returns, Xero bookkeeping and payroll but they actually focus their efforts more so on good quality advisory work through management accounting, budgeting and forecast, R&D and EIS work, corporate finance and private client tax and wealth management. They have a very interesting portfolio of clients and offer excellent autonomy, progression and pay to their staff.
The Directors have specifically looked at the remit of the position and are keen for it not to be a completely hands on audit role with lots of travel. They have included lots of involvement within planning and completion as well as managing a lot of their audits through video technology to prevent travel. There will also be scope to get wider accounts and tax experience throughout the year. It will be roughly 60-70% audit work.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
The Successful Applicant
- ACCA/ACA Qualified or Finalist
- At least 3 years UK practice accounts experience
- Able to produce high quality work in a fast paced environment
- University degree with a 2.1 or higher or 3 good A-Level results (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills, specifically Excel
What's on Offer
This client is offering a very attractive remuneration package, dependent on experience.
There is also a bonus, attractive holiday package and pension scheme.
They also offer parking and there are excellent internal progression prospects on offer too.
If you would like any more information then please call Tristan Finch on 01622 604534