- Develop your career and become a key player in the firm's growing Audit team
- You will have your own caseload and work directly with partners
About Our Client
This top-40 practice are a forward-thinking accountancy firm with their clients' vision at the centre of everything they do.
"People are important to us. Our team strive to help our clients realise their ambitions and aims and to fulfil their personal and business objectives. We take the time to understand what is important to you. If you are happy, you will enjoy your work, and we believe that you will then better add to our ability to deliver the exceptional service levels we pride ourselves on.
We are committed to engaging with the local communities in which we work, and to supporting charities and good causes."
- Audit of a large range of corporate clients including groups and overseas subsidiaries
- Reporting directly to Partners and liaising with other managers as required
- Planning, supervision and review of audit and accounts cases including preparing notes for partners
- Main point of contact with clients and liaising with clients both face to face and on the phone/video- link/email on day to day issues
- Assisting staff with technical accounting and auditing problems
- Developing the audit function in Milton Keynes and synchronising with the other offices
- Supervision and development of staff and providing leadership to the department
- Marketing activities and promoting Mercer & Hole in the MK market
- Assisting in preparation and delivery of pitches for new clients
The Successful Applicant
At least 4 years post qualification experience as a manager within a Top 20 firm. Trained within a Chartered Practice and used to dealing with organisations with turnovers up to £100 million.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and auditing
- A working knowledge of accounting software
- Able to deal confidently and effectively with clients, staff and partners
- Able to provide on the job training for staff as appropriate
- Able to multi-task
- Self-starter who looks for solutions and makes recommendations
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Proven managerial skills and experience
- Confident in marketing, networking and pitching to potential clients
What's on Offer
We will give you control over your future, plus a range of benefits to help you through life. This includes:
- flexible working
- 28 days holiday "we close at Christmas so you can share the time with family and friends"
- competitive salary
- membership of our pension and life assurance scheme
- access to private healthcare
- discounted gym membership
- employee assistance support for challenging life times, plus more