- Opportunity to become an Audit RI/Audit Partner at a growing firm.
- This is a role for someone who is ambitious and driven to grow and develop.
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with a leading independent practice that are looking to recruit an Audit Senior to join as a pivotal hire into their Audit team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Audit professional. With c.50 members of staff, the firm services a very wide-ranging client base across varying sectors throughout South Wales. These clients range in size from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. As a result of ongoing growth and succession planning for the future development of the firm, they are looking for an individual who is ambitious and has aspirations of becoming an Equity Partner and Audit RI at the firm. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, reflected by high staff retention and an environment where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Audit Senior position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- You will be heavily involved in the whole process of the audit file, from planning through to completion;
- A hands-on role where you will be expected to lead audit teams by example and get involved with fieldwork and analytical audit procedures;
- You will have the responsibility for leading the team whilst on-site with clients and will be confident to handle client queries and questions as they arise;
- This role will include the preparation of statutory financial statements from client data and address any areas of concern to the Managers in charge;
- You will neatly complete the file as much as possible ready for the managers and partners review;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients; and
- Coach and train junior staff.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Audit Senior role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- Technically capably in audit and financial reporting;
- ACCA/ACA equivalent professional qualification or several years of experience;
- Some IFRS experience desirable;
- Knowledge of FRS 102 and new UK GAAP;
- Knowledge of group accounts desirable;
- Broad range audit experience including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions;
- Strong team-working skills;
- Experience of supervising and developing staff; and
- Demonstrate the ability to take responsibility and use initiative.
What's on Offer
Very competitive base salary;
Scope for Audit Partner and chance to become an Audit RI;
Quarterly salary review; and