- Sussex based Authenticator to work with Luxury goods with an eye for detail
- Looking for someone who is an expert in the fashion industry and luxury goods
About Our Client
The brand is an international marketplace specialised in second-hand fashion and luxury.
Their mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by enabling our community to promote circularity in fashion.
It was founded in 2009 with its headquarters in Paris and with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong as well as warehouses in France, UK, Hong Kong and New York.
They are currently a team of 650 people with more than 50 nationalities! Their values are community, activism, transparency, commitment and excellence.
They are proud to be BCorp.
- Ensure all the necessary controls in compliance with the brands specifications to determinate the authenticity of a product
- Accurately identify the technical elements of the product to control its trace-ability and integrity (manufacturing materials, claw, serial number, punches, creator, dating, collection, material ...)
- Analyze and identify the potential transformation actions that the product could have undergone and that could have an impact on the transaction (e.g. modification of the handle, the lining ...)
- Provide all the necessary comments to the product sheet to ensure compliance of the description, make the transaction more reliable or avoid customer returns
- Intervene as a trusted third party between the buyer and the seller in case of doubt about the origin of a product
- Ensure the interface between the different services according to the needs (customer relations, logistics, quality control, Customer ...)
- Ensure a permanent watch to update its technical knowledge (trends, Houses, collections, fashion shows ...) and share it with the team
- Carry out ad hoc research on products that require it by all tools at your disposal (sites @ brands, internal supports ...)
- Participate in feeding the training academy and train new recruits
The Successful Applicant
- Coming from a specialised training In Fashion-Luxury you have a first experience that allowed you to "touch" the product (e.g. design, auctions, store / designer, crafts, retail)
- You have a strong sensitivity of product, materials, an "eye"
- You have a knowledge of fashion and luxury: actors, history, materials, trends
- You have a strong interest, which you maintain, for Fashion including vintage, jewellery and accessories (second hand, a plus)
- Versatility is an essential quality to support us in our development and the constant evolution of our processes
- You speak and write English (basics of technical fashion vocabulary)
Know how to be :
- You are passionate, curious, meticulous
- You are methodical and rigorous
- You are customer-oriented
- You have an affinity for products
- Team spirit
What's on Offer
- A work with meaning and impact in the consumption patterns of a more sustainable mode.
- Initial training provided internally in the French warehouse by our experts and continuous training throughout your career here
- The opportunity to grow in a growing scale up
- Be part of a global company with more than 50 nationalities!
- 2 days offered to help a Project and thus allow you to get involved as a volunteer for associations.
- A solid development and training program
- £100 a month travel contribution