Automation Architect (20 month FTC)
Join a organisation looking to utilise RPA to streamine processes
Public Sector organisation
About Our Client
- Michael Page are proud to have been selected as the exclusive partner of Warwickshire County Council, who's IT department has recently been strategic restructured to enable them to deliver a responsive and effective ICT service in a time of rapid change.
- They now have a dedicated ICT Strategy and Commissioning Team and an ICT Delivery Team. The Strategy and Commissioning Team is responsible for developing ICT strategy, optimising spend, and designing solutions to meet business need. The ICT Delivery Team is able to focus on the smooth running of the operational side of ICT and ensure it is supported by efficient incident, problem and change management. They have successfully filled a number of new roles from within their organisation, but still have some exciting vacancies available to complete the teams.
- Working for Warwickshire County Council is incredibly rewarding. You will use your professional skills and experience to help the council find innovative ways to support its staff, partners and citizens. Our ideal candidates will be enthusiastic ICT professionals who continuously and proactively seek to improve outcomes through the provision of first class, value for money ICT services.
- The culture of Warwickshire County Council is fantastic, with an ambitious and creative vision, a meritocratic environment where all are encouraged to bring ideas to the table, and a central emphasis on work/life harmony from the Warwickshire head offices.
- We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Working in partnership with delivery teams to design customer-focused services that meet delivery capabilities. Supporting the Strategy and Commissioning Manager and Team Leaders in achieving the organisational vision and outcomes.
The aim of the Solution Architecture Team is to ensure that
- ICT services are streamlined and easy to support.
- ICT solutions are appropriate and easy to use.
- The security of the council's assets is seen as fundamental to all ICT solutions. Risks are understood and managed.
The role of the Automation Architect is key to that aim. We are looking for someone who can analyse business processes and design process improvements which will help us to achieve this, recommending and designing process automation where appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
Design automation improvements to processes where appropriate, ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architectures and standards.
Take a technical lead on projects, from high-level design to acceptance into the business.
Provide guidance on automation technologies available on the market (commercial software, SaaS platforms, open source etc) and on where and how these may be deployed in order to deliver business improvements.
- Document process change for, and with, the business
- Advise operations staff in executing, testing and rolling out solutions.
- To provide information and advice to varied audiences regarding strategy and architecture.
- Lead on the technical and user-centred aspects of the procurement process.
- Analyse business processes to recommend efficiency gains and reduce costs.
- Work with delivery and leadership team
You will have qualities like emotional Intelligence, be diplomatic and have great at engagement skills with both stakeholders and customers alike.
What's on Offer
- A competitive Salary of £40,876 to £42,821
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 27 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, rising to 30 days after 4 years' service
- Employee Discount Scheme - All employees have access to discounts with major brands and retailers. You can save on everything from your weekly shop to your gym membership!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Agile Working - Warwickshire County Council know how important it is to maintain a healthy work/life balance, particularly when you're juggling your work and personal life. They are not rigid in how or where you work and are flexible and know there are many ways to do a job well. They understand that people work differently so they ensure that you can work and grow in a way that suits you in balance with organisational need.
***20 month FTC***