Support new product introduction
Automation Engineer required to support highly innovative & successful business
About Our Client
A market leading industrial manufacturing site in North Yorkshire; designing and manufacturing high end technical components for world class businesses.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Introduce equipment and processes that meet lean principles and have built in poke yoke systems to meet customer zero defect targets
- To manage the procurement of secondary operational equipment used for the production and assembly of the products as specified by project team including robotics and ancillaries.
- Coaching and guiding new engineers, graduates and apprentices
- Processing of all customer tooling orders in accordance with company procedures
- To attend regular NPI team meetings, providing updates on actions assigned and any extraordinary implications in achieving future milestones
- To undertake risk assessments for plant and process prior to signing off machine design.
- Undertake site based risk assessments upon machine arrival, ensuring environmental and staff compliance to conform to current health and safety requirements.
- To research market place ensuring that new technologies are duly noted and implemented where appropriate, working with Design and Development, and site engineering teams.
- To take a lead role in the site continuous improvement activities, the goal of which is to improve running efficiency/outputs of designated manufacturing products/processes.
- To assist manufacturing in optimisation of processes/ layouts etc. ensuring existing plant use is maximised.
- To assist Technical Manager in all aspects of the Engineering function.
- To assist the Sales function in securing new business.
- To generate divisional standards for the procurement, introduction and use of secondary operational plant and equipment.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application, you will ideally have the following:
- Experience within a technical role
- A proven track record using various computer systems
- Degree, HND qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline
- Industry experience within a high-volume production environment
- Experience of working with CI/Lean techniques
What's on Offer