- Fantastic opportunity for an AWS Designer to design solutions for build
- Exciting organization going through a cloud migration.
About Our Client
Works in partnership with our customers, in the UK and around the world, building and operating the complex ecosystems and infrastructures through which data and content can move effectively, securely and sustainably at scale - whether that's through broadcasting and transmission services, or smart networks for energy and water.
As the AWS Designer, Winchester (remote working/ hybrid)
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Adopt the role of Lead Design Authority (LDA) to ensure the delivery of the end to end customer solution
- Engage with key stakeholders to define customer requirements and ensure solutions are designed and planned to meet or exceed expectations
- Drive the design and build activity, engaging with internal and external contributors to ensure the solution meets customer requirements
- Provide detailed, documented technical solutions and reports for distribution both internally and externally
- Identify risks within the design and build through the design review process and take action to ensure appropriate mitigation/management
- Translate customer concept designs into detailed design, build and test specifications that meet customers' requirements, within the constraints of the total costs of ownership and operability
- Drive innovation, both small and large, into and through the business; deploy and evidence with outcomes, a continuous improvement (CI) mind-set
- Bring a commercial perspective to the operation, with a focus on cash management, cash preservation and optimising returns on investments made in assets and tools
The Successful Applicant
The AWS Designer, Winchester, Remote/ Hybrid:
- Strong experience in AWS and the technologies available. In particular having any experience of migrating services from on-premise to cloud or a hybrid model.
- Strong experience designing solutions in the Cloud in particular utilising technologies across, SaaS, PaaS & IaaS
- Strong knowledge of IT information systems technical infrastructure that support an enterprise infrastructure. Demonstrable knowledge of system administration and software development and associated security.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent, Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), Red Hat Certified (RHCSA or equivalent), The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Enterprise Architecture Centre of Excellence (EACOE), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)).
- Current or historical held SC Level Clearance (or ability to be able to achieve this clearance)
- Track record of setting the standards for the design, development testing of bespoke and COTS (Common off the Shelf) software/hardware for Broadcast, IP Network, IOT or corporate application based on expertise.
What's on Offer
The AWS Designer will receive:
- Competitive base salary depending on experience (up to £65,000)
- Excellent benefits
- Part of an exciting project