AWS DevOps Engineer
AWS DevOps Engineer - Manchester - £62,000 per annum
Join an ambitious and talented team within a leading fintech business.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading fintech business based in the heart of Manchester who are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their rapidly expanding team, helping contribute to a 3-year business strategy and product roadmap.
As a key memeber of the team, you'll be responsible for building, maintaining and optimising their cloud hosted infrastructure. This role would be ideally suited to a Senior DevOps Engineer who has demonstrable experience with AWS and/or Azure, in a security orientated, continuous delivery environment. You will be passionate about using the latest technologies and eager to be at the forefront of Cloud Technology. You'll be given the opportunity to use your skills for a variety of projects.
What you'll be doing..
- Designing and building highly scalable infrastructure services on AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using automation tools such as GitLab
- Working closely with our internal delivery teams from initial concept and design to implementation, build and support.
- Heavily involved in the day-to-day deployment, testing and configuration of software releases, DevOps pipelines, monitoring tools, and other supporting technologies.
- Working with container-based technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Working with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform
- Automate DevOps tasks as part of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
The Successful Applicant
Your skills and experience..
- Robust knowledge of at least one cloud provider AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience working with GitLab.
- Proven track record of building infrastructure as code.
- Experience with containerization principles and frameworks such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as New Relic.
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies and DevOps principles.
- Knowledge of cloud security and governance.
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (golang, python, bash)
Nice to have:
- Experience within a greenfield environment, building infrastructure from scratch.
- A background within Development.
- Experience working on a high transactional, cloud based public website.
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £62,000 per annum
This role offers a competitive salary and you'll enjoy a wide-ranging benefits package worth 10% of your salary. You can take your pick from things that matter to you including healthcare, life insurance and enhanced pension contributions.
Remote/Flexible working will be in place for the foreseeable future.