Global publishing business with established Scottish operation
Role involves working as part of a small BI/ data function
About Our Client
Global publishing business with sites throughout the UK with Business Intelligence and Data operations managed from Glasgow. Looking to recruit a good SQL Developer with an eye for data and reporting to join the team and enhance the reporting functions of what is a FMCG environment.
With a growing data focus and being part of a wider group of companies, this role presents the prospect of joining a business that is making huge investments in big data across their data and analytics functions.
The BI Solutions developer supports and maintains components of the company's data warehouse and business intelligence (BI) and reporting technology stack and builds application solutions on them to provide users and teams with BI solutions for their user requirements.
They have primary responsibility to support, maintain and develop the ETL functions defined as SSIS packages and Power platform flows that collect, transform and load data from other company systems into the SQL Server data warehouse. This is the source system of reference for multiple reporting applications who retrieve data by directly querying it or via SSAS OLAP cubes generated from it.
Additionally, they are co-responsible for maintaining the optimal design and function of the SQL Server data warehouse; the management of the data in it and data access via its scripted functions; and proactive configuration management of the database application platform to ensure secure, reliable, performant delivery of service.
Collaborating with team colleagues, they deliver end-to-end reporting solutions across a variety of desktop application technologies ranging from Business Objects and MS Excel to Power BI.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Writing code and/or automating the flow of data between internal applications.
- Database design and management.
- Requirements capture and documentation.
- Troubleshooting and debugging code.
- Manage code within source control.
- Testing and analysis of test results.
- Awareness of current best practices.
The Successful Applicant
- Exceptional SQL skills including standard querying, advanced techniques including stored procedures, functions, views, API calls and basic warehousing techniques.
- In depth understanding of database and data warehousing technologies and practises.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and capability across SSIS.
- Experience designing and/or creating data visualisations.
- Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
- PowerShell or scripting experience.
- SAP Business Objects.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to join a global brand and drive the business intelligence function for a household name while being heavily involved in their adoption of new technologies.
There will be flexible working opportunities post covid combined with a competitive salary and package is also on offer.