An exceptionally well developed team is waiting for a leader
An industry leading business with a brilliant opportunity
About Our Client
One of the UK's leading companies in environmental, health and safety and risk management services- based right in the heart of Leeds.
The Bid Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing bid/proposal production of the Bid Team. Responsibilities include overall responsibility for written content, writing, gathering and proofing content, and collating material into compelling bids/proposals that drive business development. The Bid Manager also oversees the development of the team, and monitors team progress.
The Key Responsibilities of the Bid Manager role are as follows;
- Producing high quality documents and ensuring completed bids / proposals meet the bid specifications.
- Preparing content for, and attending, bid/proposal client meetings and interviews.
- Managing and mentoring a dedicated bid team.
- Providing monthly reports on team progress/targets.
- Overseeing the written and editorial aspects of the bid and proposal development process.
- Communicating requirements, deadlines and expectations to key stakeholders and the bid/proposal team.
- Monitoring/Maintaining the bid / proposal library, author content, computer-generated graphics and editing text produced by other members of the proposal team.
- Checking drafts for readability, clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and formatting.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should also have the following;
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience in Bid Writing / Management
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- The ability to lead a team of writers and ensure their work is of a high standard, and reflects the employer's aims and objectives
- The ability to write about complex, technical concepts in easy-to-understand ways and convey ideas graphically
- Excellent timekeeping / ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office
- Specialised knowledge of employer's services (Desirable).
What's on Offer
On offer is a working environment and culture, a great package and opportunities for progression.