- Further your career within a fantastic global organisation
- Play a key role in projects that will make a real difference to our world
About Our Client
Serco works in partnership with the Public Sector in the UK and with world class Public Services providers across the globe to deliver joined up citizen solutions. Our agility, customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services, and global experience enable us to quickly respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Hook, Hampshire, Serco is a global business that helps transform government and public services around the world.
- To provide high quality bid writing services to bids of various scales and complexity (across CG and LRG) on either an individual or a portfolio basis
- To support the bid team in the creation of storyboards and to ensure that these are adhered to throughout bid creation
- To work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and other colleagues and specialists to 'interpret' solutions and to extract information
- To create quality responses which are well-written, accurate, concise and visually engaging and which effectively convey the required message, answer the customer's requirements (including adherence to word counts, presentational requirements and evaluation criteria requirements) and score well
- To understand and capture subtleties and nuances within our solutions and to replicate the passion of our SMEs and operational teams within our bid responses
- When required, to conduct additional research to supplement bid responses including collation and presentation of relevant data
- To elegantly incorporate win themes, USPs, sales messages, case studies and 'hot button' material into responses
- To manage the language quality of bids to ensure consistent nomenclature, tone and register throughout a submission or portfolio of submissions
- To support the management bid collateral and information sharing across the bid team
- To manage and mentor more junior or less experienced members of Bidding Services providing support to their continued learning and professional development
- Where external contractor Bid Writers are allocated to a bid team, to ensure smooth integration into the bid team and provide ongoing guidance and coaching
- To support the monitoring and improvement of the quality of bid submissions ensuring high standards of attention to detail
The Successful Applicant
There are no specific requirements for qualifications for this role although the successful candidate is likely to have a background in journalism, linguistics, TEFL or similar and must be able to write to a very high level (fluency, accuracy, correct messaging etc.).
A Bid Writer will have experience of a complex and varied bidding environment (across different methods of procurement) and will have experience of managing a multifarious set of deliverables. Highly competent in MS Office software and relevant tools such as Project, Visio, etc. Skills around template creation and document manipulation would be advantageous.
Ability to quickly grasp and assimilate complex information and apply creative intellect
Empathetic with an affinity for the passions and interests of colleagues
Methodical, process-driven and organised with excellent attention to detail
Ability to multi-task and prioritise particularly in a pressured environment
Proactive team player
Adaptable, flexible and resilient
Lives the Serco values
Strong influencing skills
Excellent communication skills including relationship development and stakeholder management; individuals will be confident and articulate in all communications
Shipley/Miller-Heiman framework experience strongly preferred, although not essential
What's on Offer
Fantastic career progression opportunities - within a global player like Serco, the opportunities are endless!
Personal development potential - working closely with best-in-class professionals, you will be sure to up-skill and grow