Bids and New Business Senior Executive Role
Opportunity to work for a Top 100 Leading Law Firm
To be a part of a grwoing Bids and Marketing Team
About Our Client
Our client list speaks volumes for the quality of our lawyers and the experience they provide. From Hewlett-Packard to Krispy Kreme and property developers to some of the UK's largest banks, we work with a growing number of the FTSE 250 and some of the world's most exciting and ambitious growth businesses. They are a £128m+ turnover firm who try and find the best way for each individual client - whether that's ways of working, pricing structures or just innovative ideas that make a real commercial difference.
- Support the BD Bid team in working jointly with relevant Partners to evaluate the commercial viability of formal Bid opportunities and make justified recommendations whether to pursue or not in relation to return on investment. We have a "Bidding to Win" process which means the key stakeholders are involved in these evaluation opportunities to ensure we have senior support and input for these decisions.
- (Where a Bid is BD supported) provide full project management support to the BD Bid team and Bid Partners including:
- Scoping meetings with the client.
- Working closely with the client service team to develop a winning proposition.
- Reviewing research and client intelligence to help shape ideas tailored to the clients' business/goals.
- Assuming a lead role drafting BD responses to a high standard - each bid is written from a bespoke perspective, rather than 'copy and paste'.
- Taking responsibility for portal upload and submission and managing internal and external deadlines.
- Lead, with appropriate BD support, to produce and deliver quality credentials documents to the Firm.
- On existing client re-tenders, help manage the bid process working closely with the nominated client relationship manager, to ensure the bid reflects the latest specific information of relevance to that client.
- Maintain Bid Record with qualitative and quantitative data and reporting.
- Proactively suggest and obtain new information for the bid pages on the intranet.
- Identify and maintain precedent type material.
- Work with BD colleagues to ensure case studies are grouped and banked.
- Identify target relationships that can be tracked to lead to a bidding opportunity.
- As part of the wider BD team, contribute to development of new products and services.
- Assist with project work as required, which may include support on divisional strategies, sector development and firm-wide development initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- High level of written communication skills and highly personable - ability to communicate concisely and courteously with the Firm.
- Confident in drafting and editing client led copy in a Bids and proposals context, preferably within professional services.
- Comfortable working to strict deadlines and in pressurised environment without compromising quality.
- Self starter able to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, commensurate with working for a top UK national law firm.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to inspire confidence and trust in the team.
- Commercial nous and an ability to see things from the client's point of view.
- Imaginative and creative to provide support in new and relevant ways to meet client needs.
- Desire to work as part of a team with colleagues in a geographically spread national business development team.
- Some CRM experience would be ideal to demonstrate wider understanding of the client development approach..
- Personal credibility and confidence to be able to convince partners of the best course of action.
- Relevant degree or CIM qualification preferred
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work in a Top 100 Law firm within a hugely growing Marketing team!