Big 4 Accounting Advisory Services - Assistant Manager
Advise clients on the application of new and existing accounting standards.
Gain Big 4 experience to boost your longer term career options.
About Our Client
This Big 4 firm's growing Accounting Advisory Services team in London provides specialist technical accounting and financial reporting advice to clients across a range of areas.
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team. The team provides specialist accounting and financial reporting advice to clients across a range of areas.
Projects focus on the application of technical accounting - in particular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training - often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising clients on the application of new and existing accounting standards such as IFRS and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
- Assessing the impact of recently adopted accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
- Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
- Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
- Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation
- Working with other teams (such as deal advisory/tax) to provide technical accounting support on cross-functional engagements (e.g. due diligence).
- Development and delivery of client workshops and accounting training to clients and internal teams.
The Successful Applicant
- The team supports external clients and work alongside other teams (e.g. tax, deal advisory) to address complex accounting issues requiring expertise of relevant accounting standards.
- An Assistant Manager would be able to interact with a number of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- The role is to provide accounting advice to external clients. Engagements vary in magnitude and oversight shall be provided suitable to the needs of an individual engagement.
- Experience working within accounting advisory team of a professional services firm is desirable but not essential.
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS, UK and US GAAP experience is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to develop strong client relationships.
- Proven experience managing diverse teams.
- Experience in practice including technical accounting experience
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
- Strong technical accounting experience with IFRS 9, 15 and 16 (UK GAAP and Companies Law preferable)
- Proven ability to build strong client and colleague relationships
- Demonstrated analytical ability and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits.