Big 4 opportunities for Newly Qualified ACAs and ACCAs
Gain new skills and specialise in an industry sector of your choice
Improve your long term marketability
About Our Client
Michael Page have one of the largest teams of consultants in the UK who are dedicated full time to recruiting into the accountancy firms. We are not paid commission and are here to give you impartial career advice, help with your CV and provide you with a consultative approach to your job application.
We are not a headhunting organisation and so are able to recruit for all of the large, medium and smaller accountancy firms. This means that we are able to look at all of the suitable options that might be available to you.
Vacancies exist in London, Reading, Gatwick, St Albans, Luton, Milton Keynes and Cambridge.
At a large practice, you can work with some of the largest and most successful listed companies. They are complex, influential and exciting. Auditing them takes a broad skillset. Working on controls-based auditing offers the intellectual challenge of understanding a client's business. You'll develop relationships far beyond the main finance team, providing valuable insights to the company's Board of Directors and leadership teams. All making for a more interesting and rewarding experience.
As you progress, you'll have opportunities for foreign travel, overseas secondments and internal moves into advisory service lines.
Within an Audit & Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- Audit and Assurance planning and the delivery of the Audit and Assurance plan to the client;
- Day to day management of field teams, including reviewing work of staff members;
- Liaison with key client staff providing timely reporting and management information;
- Management of reporting requirements, including attendance at meetings;
- Leading teams on challenging engagements, including transaction and project work;
- Developing and mentoring more junior members of staff;
- Involvement in tendering for new clients.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
The Successful Applicant
We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who will be qualifying later this year, but there is still a large demand for candidates who have recently qualified in the past year or two.
The busy recruitment period typically starts in July through to the end of the year. Preferred start dates are usually from September through to January, although there is still usually some demand all year round.
Successful candidates will usually have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) - nearly or newly qualified.
- Previous experience of working with IFRS and UK or US GAAP reporting standards;
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills
- Considerable audit experience
It is common for candidates to move to a Big 4 or top 10 firm from medium sized practice firms (usually in the top 100 firms), or from other Big 4 firms when they are looking to relocate.
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary
- Competitive benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- The chance to specialise in an industry sector
- Opportunities to go on secondments
- Working with like-minded people in a team environment
- Promotion opportunities