- Agile working arrangements
- Work for an award winning Supply Chain specialist
About Our Client
Our client is an award-winning supply chain specialist that provides end-to-end supply chain management through their contract logistics and specialist freight offering.
The Branch Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the UK operations for a busy freight team, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth operational execution with all relevant safeguards and commercial mechanisms in place.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the management of the operational budget and P&L across all GB customer accounts.
- Management of day-to-day operations across current business activities (highly varied accounts).
- Working closely with the Head of Department and Commercial Manager to grow margins and implement new business.
- Inspire, encourage, coach and enable the freight operations team.
- Develop succession pathways and ensure structure remains relevant to changing dynamics of business.
- Working with commercial and administration teams to ensure smooth, timely and efficient processing of vendor and client invoices.
- Investigating any service or operational failures and implementing preventive actions.
- Ensuring business financial objectives are achieved across accounts.
- Coordinating with key internal stakeholders to ensure smooth operational execution.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Branch Manager will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Have held an Operations Management role within a freight forwarding company.
- Possess direct experience in the successful leadership of a team, with the ability to inspire and develop high performance.
- Previous Ocean freight experience is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of customs processes (for Imports and Exports).
- Be a strong communicator and ideally have been in a customer facing role in the past.
- Previous P&L responsibility.
- Strong communications, problem solving and prioritisation skills.
- A motivational, forward thinking and adaptable style of leadership
- High learning agility, adaptability and track record of exceptional results
What's on Offer
A competitive basic salary of between £60,000-£70,000 and a benefits package that includes; car allowance, bonus, healthcare, pension and agile working arrangements.