Support, guidance and training throughout your role
About Our Client
Esteemed for selling selling quality plumbing and heating products to the trade and operates from more than 300 branches nationwide. For more than 25 years, the company has been providing expert service to the Plumbing and Heating trade and retail customers. We operate the largest network of dedicated Bathroom Showrooms across the UK. The state of the art showrooms are designed to inspire our customers by showcasing our impressive range of bathroom products.
They are proud to be one of the fastest growing plumbing and heating suppliers in the UK, who have been recognised as one of Britain's Top Employers since 2010. We offer extensive career opportunities with online training and opportunities across 21 leading businesses.
Committed to best practices in recruitment and undertakes Basic Criminal Record Disclosures for candidates that are offered employment within our branches. This check will only be undertaken after the acceptance of an offer of employment and will be undertaken by CareerCheck Ltd. We reserve the right to withdraw any offer of employment if the check is unsatisfactory.
- To ensure that all Company rules, regulations and Codes of Practice are followed and that all staff is qualified to carry out their duties in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Adhering to Company policy investigating and actioning security issues.
- To manage the stay safe culture within the branch including holding formal Health and Safety meetings three times per year and minutes distributed to appropriate parties.
- To ensure that all plant and property is maintained in safe working order and that all necessary records are correctly completed.
- To implement group buying policies.
- To confer with customers and representatives of associated industries to ensure high levels of customer service whilst maintaining focus on maximising sales and the profitability of the Business Unit.
- To review costs and modify stock control programmes to maintain and enhance profitable operation of the branch.
- To ensure stock levels and product range are agreed and maintained in order to ensure optimum stock turnover.
- To administer stock takes as required within Company guidelines.
- To maintain good relations with suppliers.
- To recruit and select, train, appraise performance, reward and discipline employees in line with employment legislation and Company policy.
- To work with the credit services team to manage customers account limits and support the management of account payments
- Focus on trading margins and margin control by utilising the company discounting systems and ensuring that group preferred suppliers are always used ahead of non-preferred options.
The Successful Applicant
● Previous Management experience.
● Previous staff management experience with the ability to lead, motivate and develop staff
● Previous experience in a similar role or Assistant Manager position.
● I.T. experience.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals.
● Good organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise the work of self and others.
● Ability to produce and interpret basic financial/statistical information.
● Commercial acumen -ability to demonstrate understanding of how to impact the bottom line
● Sound knowledge of all products and materials.
What's on Offer
The Branch Manager in Birmingham dictates;
* Competitive salary + eligible for annual performance related bonus
* 22 days holiday per annum which increases with length of service + bank holidays
* Contributory pension, life assurance and private medical insurance
* Support, guidance and training throughout your role
* The opportunity to both work in and develop your career in an exciting, fast-paced environment.