A fast growth FMCG business who has recently gone through a Merger
Brand management of a number of well known brands
About Our Client
Merisant Company manufactures and markets the world's most popular tabletop sweeteners, with strong market positions in over 90 countries with its brands Canderel, Equal, Whole Earth Sweetener Co. and Pure Via. Merisant has a culture of innovation, inspiration and dedication to the continued expansion of its brands.
As of June 25, 2020, Merisant completed a merger with Act II Global Acquisition Corp and is now a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: FREE). The newly formed business is the start of a new and exciting era for Merisant. With the combination of its strong brands, experienced leadership and entrepreneurial spirit, Merisant is set to extend its global leadership across several categories, capitalizing on the powerful consumer trends toward zero and no-sugar-added products.
Our core values are Meritocracy, Accountability, Agility, and Integrity. We don't believe in a fluffy list of nouns; we live and breathe these values everyday:
- Meritocracy - we expect quality work. Salary increases, promotions and other rewards and opportunities are all based on performance.
- Accountability - clear objectives, ownership of projects and the autonomy to make an impact.
- Agility - our fast pace and speed-to-market are our competitive advantage. No red tape to get an initiative approved; we make decisions fast!
- Integrity - we are always compliant with the law and regulations. We treat each other with respect and treat the company's money as if it's our own. No exceptions.
The key responsibilities included the following:
- Provide insights, analyses and recommendations to the Marketing Director on a monthly basis on how to drive the business forward for both UK and Ireland.
- Be the point of contact for Nielsen and deliver monthly dashboard and quarterly reviews to be presented to the business.
- Build expertise and understanding of shopper behaviors within our categories to work collaboratively with our retail partners, develop growth recommendations (range, space, pricing and promotions) and create fact-based compelling sell-in stories for NPD and Merisant's initiatives.
- Execute NPD launch plans from idea conception to launch on the market including preparation of P&Ls, recommendation on pricing and working closely with R&D and the legal team.
- Identify opportunities to expand into new categories, put together market audits and recommendations to be submitted to global team.
- Work with global team in the adaptation of local packaging and local digital and in store campaigns.
- Execute BTL plan including sampling, in store activation to drive sales with key ROI measures.
- Be responsible for the local digital execution and support the Marketing Director in the development of digital and e-commerce campaigns.
- Be responsible for measurement of activity's results and recommendation on optimization.
- Manage 3rd party agencies (design, digital and e-commerce agencies) from brief to execution.
- Be the key interface with all other internal teams (supply chain, commercial, finance etc) to drive strong brand performance in the country.
- Work closely with the sales team to grow the distributor and food service channel and develop any material needed to do so.
- Under supervision of the Marketing Director, manage independently the relationship with the Irish team (one BM and one Category Manager), including the budget, planning and implementation of the marketing plan.
This position reports to the Marketing Director UK & IRE and will be responsible for executing the marketing strategy across Canderel and Pure Via. You will be responsible for driving the busy innovation agenda and becoming the go-to person for the entire business.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Nielsen and ability to transform data analysis into recommendations and action plans, business priorities.
- Experience developing content to enhance the digital shelf and drive conversion.
- Strong marketing knowledge of digital and social.
- Excellent project management and follow-through skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good FMCG and retail knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Entrepreneurial and results driven.
- Strong project management skills.
- 100% self-motivated, independent and team-oriented attitude.
- Strategic mindset and capable of seeing opportunities and solutions.
- Multi-tasking and prioritising work load, to deliver activities on time and in budget.
- Be resilient with high level of energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to go the extra mile.
- Dynamic and passionate about brand, food and marketing.
- Good interpersonal skills and good team player - capable of working with cross functional team.
- Strong communications and presentations skills.
- Flexible approach to people, projects and assignments.
- Adaptable and able to be operational quickly.
- Able to work with counterparts remotely and in a small office environment.
- Capable of managing upwards
What's on Offer
Excellent business and working culture. Opportunity to grow in the role.