Building Safety Manager
Kent based Housing Association
Property Compliance knowledge - essential
About Our Client
The Building Safety Manager will ensure property safety is maintained to the highest standards and where needed improved. This will include but not be limited to:
Fire protection and means of escape including emergency lighting and sprinkler systems.
Lifts, hoists and other lifting equipment.
Stored water safety (Legionella).
Electrical installations including door control systems, CC and Digital TV.
Drainage and sewage treatment.
Renewable energy installations.
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for the role of Building Safety Manager:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or 4 in a Building or Construction discipline or an equivalent qualification
- P402 Asbestos surveying (desirable)
- Strong experience managing and procuring building services or maintenance contracts
- Management knowledge of - Asbestos, Gas Safety, Fire Risk Assessments and Water quality
- M&E services knowledge, including renewable energy technology.
- Understanding of lifts and lifting equipment legislation
- Budget monitoring and cost control experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Landlords statutory repair, maintenance and H&S responsibilities.
What's on Offer
Basic salary of 40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Sector - Property and Housing
Title - Building Safety Manager
Location - Kent