Building Surveyor (Planned Works)
Growing Social Housing Organisation
About Our Client
My client is leading social housing provider.
Responsibilities for the Project Manager role based in Milton Keynes will include:
- Ownership for the project management of major investment contracts including leading on capital replacements, mechanical & electrical installations, and cyclical refurbishments.
- Lead, motivate and performance manage a delivery team of key contractors and suppliers.
- Lead on competitive tendering exercises complying with standing orders and demonstrating value for money.
- Perform the role and responsibilities of the Building Safety Manager in accordance with the legislation within the Building Safety Bill / Act undertaking the full range of compliance duties and adhering to all statutory requirements and industry codes of practice for your designated portfolio of schemes.
- Undertake Fire Risk Assessments on our housing stock in accordance with industry and statutory rules and guidance with the clients policy. Monitor and report on the closing down of all identified risks and submit associated performance reports.
- Prepare and deliver professional and well prepared presentations to a range of stakeholders, including colleagues within Asset Management and from other departments; contractors and suppliers; professionals from other organisations as well as residents.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Project Manager role in Milton Keynes will have:
- Demonstrate strong financial expertise and control, including budgetary management, professional cost estimates, tender analysis, and value engineering and assessments.
- Experience (5 years) in a surveying role in a housing association, private practice, local authority, or similar.
- Robust understanding of current health and safety legislation, CDM (including Principal Designer experience) and comprehensive knowledge of other building related statutory obligations.
- Robust knowledge and experience of Building Safety and Compliance good practice and statutory requirements
- Excellent contract management skills, delivering projects on time and to budget
- Ability to analyse, monitor, advise and report on the property maintenance portfolio
- Degree or HND in a construction related discipline or relevant experience
- Member of RICS, CIOB or other similar approved professional body - desirable
What's on Offer
- Excellent Salary £45,000 - £50,000 D.o.E.
- Home based working - visiting site when required
- Excellent company culture
- Development Opportunities.