To join a growing business
Opportunity to work with a variety of clients
About Our Client
Our client is a well established multi-disciplinary consultancy, they have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry and are looking to appoint a commercially driven Senior Building Surveyor.
- Undertaking role of Contract Administrator on Surveying commissions, including preparation of specifications and drawings.
- Undertaking a variety of Building Surveys including Condition Surveys, Dilapidation Surveys and DDA surveys.
- Providing design solutions and producing reports.
- Advising on solutions to Building Pathology problems.
- Assist in the role of Party Wall Surveyor.
- Identifying and exploring new work opportunities on behalf of the Company. Attending Company marketing functions and representing the Company as required.
- Developing and maintaining close relationship with the Client base. Liaising with Group representatives, Clients, other Consultants, Contractors.
- Maintaining and monitoring financial performance of projects.
- Managing individual Client workloads and framework agreements
The Successful Applicant
- BSc in building surveying or equivalent
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors preferred, not essential
- A minimum of four year's technical delivery experience gained within a construction consultancy
- Pre- and post-contract experience
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Strong IT skills (AutoCAD, NBS, MS Project, Outlook, Word, Excel and other bespoke software)
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
- Project management experience preferred
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to join an ambitious company with a wide range of clients
- Genuine career progression
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary