Work within the constabulary's property team
Fantastic APC/career development support
About Our Client
Gloucestershire Constabulary aims to inspire trust, confidence and pride. They do this by ensuring that those they employ hold honesty, integrity and humanity as their core values. This is very much reflected across all of the internal teams who operate in a flexible, innovative and supportive way to achieve their vision and overcome the many challenges faced within the public space.
With the constabulary's HQ based in new modern office space, it provides an excellent working environment.
As the Building Surveyor in a lean property team, you will be managing a small team in support of the Head of Estates, responsible for all planned and reactive maintenance.
Along with ensuring the efficient day to day running of the constabulary, you will play a key role in supporting the constabulary's major capital projects. These projects range from refurbishment of existing stations to new-build training and development facilities, providing an excellent platform to gain significant project management experience.
- Participate in the execution of the team's property management function.
- Supervise building repair, maintenance and improvement works.
- Liaise with property users and contractors to ensure smooth running of works.
- Prepare specifications and working drawings
- Effectively develop annual planned programme schemes
- Ensure that all relevant estate and maintenance records are up to date
- Undertake Estate Condition Surveys
- Ensure that Project Methodology principles are adhered to
- Ensure schemes are compliant with Health & Safety risk assessments
- To assist in the purchase and / or sale of properties together with establishing or terminating lease agreements.
- Responsible for line management of staff
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as a Building Surveyor and of managing a complex, mixed use portfolio
- Demonstrable negotiating skills and communication skills to ensure targets are met
- Experience of undertaking condition surveys and development of maintenance programmes
- Good organisation skills with an ability to prepare and deliver detailed plans and reports
Experience of planning schemes where budgetary constraints apply
- Must hold a full Driving current driving licence
What's on Offer
Competitive Package + Fantastic APC/career development support