Business Analyst - Change
The Business Analyst (BA) will work as part of a multi-disciplined Design team
Provide support across a variety of projects
About Our Client
Provide support across a variety of projects, by conducting business analysis activity against agreed work packages, managing and directing resources to ensure work is completed within agreed timescales/financial constraints and quality standards, in line with Agency policy.
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to foster collaborative working.
Manage and mentor Junior Business Analysts . Manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers in line with Agency values and policy.
Develop an understanding of the role of business design within Transformation and BAU environments.
- Identification and articulation of 'As Is' process diagrams and Business Design artefacts. Modelling processes and information flows, mapping out the key processes that underpin and support the business design function
- Documenting "To Be" designs to support project delivery and organisational goals and enable smarter working (through improved use of IT and/or process change).
- Capture, analyse and manage business requirements (functional and non-functional) to inform solution design.
- Work with colleagues to translate business requirements into technical design. Assisting the end users and Transformation throughout the ongoing project life cycle to ensure the design meets the business needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Understanding of Programme Management environments, Project Management environments, Change Management and Risk Management.
- Understanding of Business Design concepts.
- Good analytical problem solving skills; able to make decisions and recommendations based on informed analysis and impact assessment.
- Excellent communication skills; able to engage effectively with a variety of audiences across business functions and levels.
- Strong meeting and workshop facilitation skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Visio, Powerpoint and Excel for business and volumetrics modelling.
- Good report writing skills.
- Relevant experience as a Business Analyst or Junior Business Analyst.
- Some experience of understanding, analysing and documenting business processes, activities and IT systems ('as is' and 'to be').
- Some experience of requirements capture - including production of appropriately structured, validated and prioritised functional specifications and production of User Stories.
What's on Offer
6 Month contract with a leading government organisation - requiring SC security clearance