- Join the Charity Commission as they kick off an exciting 3 year IT road map
- £30,986 salary (possible IT allowance of £3697 for right candidate) + benefits
About Our Client
The Charity Commission has set out their ambitious five-year strategy, being clear that they will be driven by their purpose to ensure that charity can thrive and inspire trust so that people can improve lives and strengthen society. Their purpose is bold, confident and so are their proud commitment to represent the public interest. The Charity Commission regulates 170,000 charities across England and Wales ensuring that they work within a legal framework , giving the public confidence that the £75bn spent by charities each year is put to good use
· Deliver business analysis and insight that helps shape services, products, and brands within the Commission.
· Develop and introduce measurement techniques, tools, and metrics across the service & product portfolio. Interpret, interrogate and challenge a wide range of data and information using various software tools and techniques including benchmarking of performance across all Commission channels. Identify client objectives and advise on suitable measurement strategies.
· Undertake regular rigorous testing of source data used in analytics tools to ensure accuracy and robustness and reliability for informing corporate decisions taken on further improving digital services.
· Collaborate with nominated service/product managers/owners to define detail of a product approach to meet the specified user need.
· Collaborates with Digital & Technology colleagues, Subject Matter Experts and Product Owners to write user stories, with clearly defined acceptance criteria, that document business/user requirements.
· Find gaps in data capture and recommend appropriate affordable enhancements. Identify, develop, interrogate, and communicate analytics trends for potential implementation, and recommend improved innovative concepts/ideas for analysis.
· Liaise and support Digital & Technology colleagues and Commission internal stakeholders with their analytics needs to support business case creation, change requests, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
· Promote and support a data-driven culture at the Commission, helping to inform the digital analytics roadmap for the business to drive performance measurement and optimisation.
· Assist Agile Project Managers & Senior Digital Analysts in the procurement of necessary digital platforms to support automated and real-time collection and presentation of data.
· Using agile methodologies, support the development of user centric services, through involvement in user research and user acceptance testing when required.
The Successful Applicant
· Excellent analytical and numerical skills
· Ability to influence and build relationships quickly and to work collaboratively across a number of departments and teams · Sound negotiation and prioritisation skills
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in the most engaging and appropriate manner
· Experience of data analysis, using web analytics and visualisation tools.
· Experience of working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
· Experience of delivering transformational change.
· Experience of working in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team in which you have changed your delivery focus rapidly and regularly when needed.
· Experience of communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
· Effectively manage a workload/task throughout its lifecycle
· A sound understanding of web analytics tools and methodologies (for example Comscore Digital Analytix (Nedstat), Omniture, Webtrends, Google Analytics etc).
· An in-depth knowledge of online measurement and associated platforms such as AV and mobile (some understanding of online technology and website structures desirable).
· An understanding of user centric design, personal data, digital transaction, security and privacy.
· Handling data and information sensitively in accordance with the business procedures and/or law.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
What's on Offer
- Civil Service pension
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Employee assistance programme
- Interest free season ticket and bicycle loan after 2 months employment
- Special retail discounts and offers through membership of staff Perkbox scheme
- Flexible and family friendly working environment
- Learning and career development
Candidates will be sifted on their CVs and experience against the job description. And at interview assessed on the following Civil Service Behaviours:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Making Effective Decisions
The full list of Civil Service behaviours at various levels can be found here
This role requires BPSS clearance. Please request further info if required.
* CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 6th October 11:55pm *