- A high-profile, prestigious banking organisation
- The Senior BA will take responsibility for ensuring successful change delivery
About Our Client
A unique and exciting banking institution. Its mission is to make finance markets work better so smaller businesses across the UK can prosper and grow.
To deliver its programmes, the Bank works through more than 200 delivery partners such as high street, digital, specialist and challenger banks, venture capital and private debt funds and fintech platforms.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Business Analyst include:
Business Case Development:
* Liaise with key stakeholders to provide the analysis and evidence to support senior leaders to make decisions on key change projects
Ensure that benefits are quantified and planned
Business demand and requirements:
* Gathering, identifying and documenting business requirements.
* Elicitation - uncovering the underlying business issues that need to be addressed and discover any information related to the project
* Analyse requirements - organising, specifying and modelling the requirements to ensure they are complete and unambiguous
* Specify requirements - ensuring that the documentation of the requirements is in a layout and format that can be easily shared with and understood by stakeholders
* Validating and verifying requirements - making sure that the requirements map to the business need being addressed, they are approved by all appropriate stakeholders and that they meet relevant quality standards.
* Understand business needs as they relate to a potential change or transformation
* Communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders
* Deliver the Use Cases, Process Maps, Functional or Business Requirements documentation for review and sign-off
* Liaising with teams to ensure the customer journey is documented and properly understood
* Work with Project Managers to develop project and change plans
* Impact assessments and ensuring that the business readiness framework is appropriately applied to all changes
* Designing potential solutions to business problems - working alongside the technical and business stakeholder teams as necessary, leading and coordinating design workshops
* Developing personas, target customer experiences and user stories
* Preparing and delivering reports to leadership with comprehensive risk and impact assessments
Supporting project delivery:
* Creating and updating process documentation
* Devising and co-ordinating system and end user test plans
* Co-ordinating UAT, including developing user test scripts
* Coaching and guiding key business areas in business readiness planning
* Training - support the creation and delivery of training
* Ensuring project implementation, monitoring of successful embedding, warranty and transition to BAU
Leading on business process improvement:
* Produce 'as is' and 'to be' process documentation using appropriate tools
* Develop and review business processes in the Bank
* Provide recommendations for improvement with supporting evidence and analysis
BA Practice Development:
* Work with other BA's to develop and promote the service and the team
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Business Analyst will have:
* Extensive experience of working as a Business Analyst
* Experience of financial services
* Extensive experience delivering IT/technical projects
* Experience of solution design and evaluation
* A knowledge, appreciation and experience of using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
* Experience of Process and customer experience Modelling and Mapping and business process improvement (Lean/Six Sigma)
* Proven experience of designing and developing processes and operating models that meet the needs of the organisation and its stakeholders
* Experience of managing and building relationships with senior stakeholders
* Solid understanding and experience of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirement
Key competencies include:
* Highly analytical - a problem solver who focuses on solutions, is collaborative, can manage conflicting requirements and finds a way forward
* Excellent collaboration skills - ability to build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties; support the delivery of the company's mission and its business objectives.
* Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills - able to build trusted relationships with stakeholders at all levels
* Highly organised, self-disciplined and follows through on actions
* Conflict resolution skills - ability to reconcile opposing views and achieve consensus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to express complex ideas clearly and simply to assist with decision-making.
* Must be able to balance 'doing it themselves' with delegation.
* Good Microsoft office skills are a must including PowerPoint, Visio, Excel and Project; specifically, the individual must be able to craft excellent presentations relevant to the audience.
* High level of self-awareness of capabilities, strengths, and developments areas.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and flexible working.