- Support the CEO with the delivery of strategic and operational initiatives
- Analysis to identify opportunities for improvement assistance
About Our Client
The client provides legal services throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland from their offices in London, Leeds and Colchester. Their clients range from some of the world's largest multi-national corporations to private individuals. They act for a significant number of charities, housing associations and Regulators. They would describe themselves as "full service" with specialists in Commercial/Corporate, Civil Litigation, Housing, Employment, Real Estate & Projects & Property Development.
The Business Analyst will be supporting the CEO with the delivery of strategic and operational initiatives with on-time and on-budget results. This role will include analysis to identify opportunities for improvement assistance with implementation and support for key governance bodies.
The successful Business Analyst will:* understand, and thrives in, a project/portfolio environment:
* can work with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of seniority:
* can facilitate, negotiate and build strong inter-personal relationships:
* is as confident taking the lead and accountability as they are working in a group;
* has their own ideas and is willing to champion them:
* is comfortable converting ambiguous situations into ones that are clearly understood by all parties:
* has excellent written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to their audience.The main duties for this role include:
* Identifying and reviewing operational needs within the firm and their alignment with overall business goals;
* Analysing financial, and non-financial data, to identify actionable insights;
* Designing, and running, workshops with: stakeholders, internal teams and third party firms to establish requirements and or to drive work forward;
* Responsibility for discrete change initiatives and/or areas work (e.g. requirements, UAT and documentation) for larger initiatives;
* Designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations;
* Participating in various projects, such as the firm's business continuity plan, with ownership of work streams/deliverables (where appropriate);
* Working with each Support Function (e.g. HR, Facilities, IT etc.), as well as fee earning Departments to progress areas of work;
* Assisting, where needed, Support Functions in times of high demand (e.g. recruitment, ISO audits and IT projects).
The Successful Applicant
The successful Business Analyst have:* Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with people at all levels within the firm;
* An ability to show initiative and work independently/with minimal supervision;
* Financial and operational analysis;
* Business process design, with the ability to present processes in an engaging manner;
* Good time management skills with the ability to manage multiple changing priorities;
* Previous experience of handling sensitive situations and data with confidentiality and good judgement;
* A calm, 'can-do' attitude.Desirable experience:
* Previous legal, or other professional services, roles;
* Business analysis work and hands on project delivery;
* Management of a rolling task list e.g. Kanban or equivalent;
* MS Teams.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and opportunity to work exclusively with the CEO.