- Opportunity to spearhead an important business change programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About Our Client
Client is a leading UK and European firm of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys. With approximately 220 people, they are one of the largest professional firms in the UK specialising in intellectual property (IP). The main office is in London, with other offices in Oxford, Cambridge and Paris and a serviced office operation in Munich, the main home of the European Patent Office.
The firm is a limited liability partnership with two French subsidiaries. The structure and culture of the firm reflect its partnership ethos, with a strong emphasis on both teamwork and individual initiative.
- The Programme Manager will take over management of the current business planning process and make significant improvements to the process to ensure that a three-year rolling business plan is developed and maintained. Creation of the three-year business plan will involve assisting the Chair of the Management Committee to consult partners and senior managers to identify and prioritise opportunities for change and new projects to supplement those underway already. The Programme Manager will synthesise contributions into a draft plan and assist the Chair of the Management Committee in managing an annual meeting to agree and sign off on changes and additions to the plan by the Equity Partners.
- The Programme Manager will be responsible for translating the firm's three-year business plan into a programme plan and project plans, integrating both existing and new projects. They will monitor progress against milestones for the projects and overall programme and report these to the Management Committee on a regular basis, identifying and highlighting any significant risks or issues. Business plan projects may involve any and all areas of the business and range from improvement of existing processes or systems to the introduction of new service lines. Most projects will have a large IT component and many involve Finance. Projects are typically sponsored by an Equity Partner of the firm but not necessarily a member of the Management Committee.
- The Programme Manager will work with partners and heads of business support function to develop the project plans and ensure projects are effectively sponsored and managed. The Programme Manager will ensure that projects are consistently documented and managed across the firm and will ensure that appropriate good practice for project management is introduced, working with teams where many individuals have limited project experience.
- The Programme Manager will work with partners and heads of functions to identify change management and communication requirements and will support the Chair of the Management Committee in ensuring these are widely understood, bought into, and carried out.
- The Programme Manager will introduce processes for monitoring progress and capturing learnings to improve the way that projects are managed in the firm in future.
- On a day-to-day basis, the Programme Manager will report to the Chair of the Management Committee. The Programme Manager will be responsible for managing a small team.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level
- Significant programme management experience
- A pragmatic approach to project governance and reporting
- Experience in communication and change management within professional services
- Excellent influencing skills
- Experience of working with partners or senior executives
What's on Offer
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme (with contributions up to 5% of salary matched by the firm)
- Life assurance scheme (4 x annual salary)
- Group Income Protection (after three months' probation)
- 20 days annual holiday increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to a maximum of 25 days (with an additional day in December or January at partners' discretion)
- Flex scheme allowing for 8 additional days' holiday per year in return for excess hours worked for the firm
- Flexible working around core hours including up to 40% remote working
- Travel and personal accident insurance for business and pleasure
- Annual season ticket loan (after three months' probation)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity package