Business Controller Private Equity
Business Controller position with an established Investment Manager
Hands-on position, perfectly suited for a technical specialist
About Our Client
This Business Controller Private Equity role is with a leading Financial Services business based in London.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate for this London based Business Controller Private Equity role will include:
- Be a technical accounting expert for the asset classes and remain abreast of regulatory and accounting standards for investment accounting
- Understand the drivers of pricing movements for these asset classes, and be able to validate the valuation of the Firm's assets by reference to comparable liquid markets and property benchmarks
- Understand the commercial and economic structuring of illiquid investments, including understanding how value is derived and distributed to stakeholders. For PE investments this will include an understanding of fee and incentive structures
- Understand, at a high level, the regulatory and tax requirements that influence investment structuring and be able to advise the Front Office on the appropriate holding structures. Recognise when it is appropriate to engage with external advisers balancing the value of their advice vs. the cost of obtaining it
- Be equally comfortable when dealing with relatively high volume data sets, and applying appropriate transaction level controls to them, and also operating at a higher summary level where more analytical skills are required to control and explain financial records.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this London based Business Controller Private Equity role will have the following exposure:
- Previous experience working for an accounting practice and subsequent experience with a buy-side firm
- Accounting Qualification
- In a larger organisation the responsibilities for this role are split between two distinct roles - Financial Control and Product Control, where the former is an SME in relatively high level financial accounting and the latter is an SME in the more detailed position level characteristics of the investment assets. Due to the size of Firm this roles is part of, it is necessary to combine the two sets of responsibilities into a single role.
- Previous experience redesigning processes
- Ability to break down blocakges into individual issues and manage these through to completion
What's on Offer
Attractive compensation package and great career prospects.