Business Development Director - 3PL - Retail & Consumer
Excellent opportunity within 3PL, Contract Logistics - Retail Logistics
One of the best 3PL companies in the UK, rapidly expanding
About Our Client
Leading 3PL and contract logistics firm in the UK
The key responsibilities for the Business Development Director - 3PL - Retail & Consumer division will be:
- Targeting new business and developing key accounts in the division
- Business Development experience from a 3PL background
- Developing and implementing market sector development plans within the midlands
- Works in partnership with Business Unit Directors, Solutions and Marketing departments to develop solutions that create value and exceed customer expectations
- Develops new business proposals and takes accountability for all bid material
- Identifying and qualifying customer opportunities
- Exceeding their personal new business target / budget.
- Developing and broadening relationship with existing customers while identifying and qualifying opportunities
- Maximising opportunities within each customer by selling the complete range
The Successful Applicant
The successful Business Development Director - 3PL - Retail & Consumer division will be results driven and have the industry knowledge to understand customer problems and create solutions with the aid of the sales team.
The Business Development Director - 3PL - Retail & Consumer will:
- Minimum of 5 years of solutions based 3PL sales/business development experience
- Industry Vertical knowledge of eCommerce, FMCG or Retail is essential
- Background in Logistics operations or network development in Retail/FMCG organisations or 3rd party logistics (might be considered for the right candidate - should have business development experience)
- Strong network of contacts and relationships within the Retail/FMCG logistics industry
- Be someone who wants to grow their business and maintain an entrepreneurial streak.
- Proven track record in new business development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to undertake travel.
- An open and likeable personality with honesty and integrity
- Autonomous approach with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Must be midlands based - Coventry, Leicester, Northampton, Nottingham, Birmingham, Derby - although it is a home based contract the client is looking for a midlands based person
What's on Offer
c.£80,000 - 100,000 + Bonus, Car, Laptop, Mobile & health care
Home Based - National Travel
(Warwickshire, Leicester, Northampton, St. Albans, West Midlands based, Birmingham, Derby etc.)