Business Development Manager - UK & Nordics
New and exciting role with large group level support.
Buoyant segment within the Aviation sector.
About Our Client
The company Alvest Equipment Services (AES) is part of the well-respected and successful ALVEST group who manufacture and maintain world leading equipment for airport applications.
Alvest Group is a Leading organisation that offers opportunities for career progression, have extremely high employee retention levels, offering stability and progression for the ambitious and high performers.
The Group's Core Values as well as their Ethical Code, is part of their foundations.
AES is the new brand of the group, created 2 years ago, dedicated to FEGP (Fixed electrical ground Power) and GSE maintenance, rental & leasing, Overhaul with a high level of growth, in Europe, in USA, and in Middle East
New and fantastic opportunity reporting directly to the CEO. The role offers huge potential to progress into a leadership function or Senior Key Accounts role.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Be a member of AES UK Team and will be in charge of the UK Market, Ireland market and Nordics Market (Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark & Iceland).
- Be dedicated to developing relationships and new business opportunities with new and existing customers in the Aviation ground support sector.
- Dealing with Airports, FBOs, Airlines, Ground Support contractors
- Selling maintenance, rental, leasing, pooling, overhaul and fleet management Service
- Focus and develop the FEGP / GSE maintenance operation
- Acting as "commercial lead" for your area, you will manage your business from prospect to payment, follow up through commercial offers with local and general management. You will be the preferred point of contact for customers.
- You could be expected to attend and lead exhibitions and conferences within your area or internationally.
The Successful Applicant
The UK Business Development Manager will have:
- Technical education or background, although an overall technical appreciation/curiosity will be considered.
- Demonstrable new business development successes in current and/or recent role.
- A commercial sales track record selling GSE, maintenance or off road/highway equipment such as materials handling.
- Experience in UK airport sales.
- A demonstrable track record in delivering profitable sales against targets.
- Ability to work remotely and autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable personality, who will quickly and easily be recognised as an essential player by customers and employees.
- Time spent between home office, Kempston factory in Bedfordshire and other countries.
- Second language would be an advantage.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive base salary and 20% to 30% variable commission/bonus + benefits