Business Development Manager
An exciting opportunity with an industrial, B2B & retail market leader
Solutions for suppliers of parts and components to multiple industries
About Our Client
Founded in 1991, Apex Supply Chain Technologies is a high-growth, US-headquartered provider of hardware and software solutions. Apex is defining the future of how companies manage their supply chains by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions across various industry verticals. In the UK Apex has just relocated to a 45,000 sq. ft. facility in Hartlebury, between Worcester and Kidderminster.
Apex clients include over 10,000 corporate users worldwide. Over the past five years, more than 300 of the Fortune 1000 and Forbes Global 1000 companies have implemented Apex products.
Apex has recently invested heavily in developing an automated "Click & Collect" locker solution to address enormous opportunities in the retail, hospitality and casual fast food sectors as part of its Real-time Retail (RTR) vertical strategy. Within the RTR vertical Apex has recently identified a further opportunity to deploy its locker solutions in to the B2B sector to support the fast, around the clock, order pick-up and return demands of field service and repair engineers in multiple industries such as plumbing / heating, aircon / filtration, electrical / electronic, automotive / commercial vehicles, telecommunications, transport and others.
The Business Development Manager will play a strategic role within the fast-growing RTR vertical sales team. The role demands an experienced and flexible individual who can shift gears quickly and adjust effortlessly, providing technical, business process and commercial expertise at a senior level to prospective decision makers and influencers within target businesses.
As a Business Development Manager, the successful individual will use their knowledge of the sales processes within these industries combined with a natural ability to prioritise the most likely and sizeable opportunities to contribute towards profitable business growth. Dedication, organisation, communication and management skills are also essential for this position.
Ultimately, you should aspire to develop and maintain successful relationships with large, distribution customers.
Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to achieve sales targets
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients' needs
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel within target accounts
- Present, negotiate and close agreements with large customers
- Work closely with project management and other internal resources to implement solutions
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Monitor and analyse performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to stay up-to-date with new product launches and marketing messages
The Successful Applicant
The successful Business Development Manager will have a background of selling ROI based solutions into a number of verticals.
Track record for achieving ambitious sales targets
- +/- 10 years' work experience as a Business Development Manager working across one or more of the industry sectors identified above
- Experience managing multiple opportunities in parallel, with the ability to converse as a seasoned solution sales specialist - i.e. with a good understanding of our technical solution, customer journey and where / how our solution interacts with our target customers operations
- Used to working with Salesforce CRM or similar
- An ability to track and react to sales performance metrics
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication and commercial skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Availability to travel as needed throughout the UK, based in the Midlands would be ideal but not a pre-requisite
- Performing well and are highly regarded in current role
- Extensive experience of influencing at senior management level
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders with a conceptual solution offering / understanding and creating new ROI's
- High energy - there will be a high number of meetings and extensive travel
What's on Offer
Salary will be roughly £50,000 - £60,000 Basic Salary DOE + 25% bonus. with a car allowance and pension. 22 days holiday + bank holidays.